Visitation Hours and Guidelines
Visitors are always welcome at HMH. Family and friends may visit patients at any time, but please respect the visitation guidelines of the special care units (critical care, emergency, recovery room and surgery) as well as the special restrictions posted on patient room doors. Also, it is important that visitors respect the patient's need for rest during recovery. When a particular patient needs extra care, we may set limits on who may visit and for how long. Visitation may be restricted throughout the hospital at certain times such as flu season.
- To find a patient's room assignment, ask someone at the Greeters Desk or nurses' station.
- Always knock before entering the patient's room.
- Avoid visiting before 10 am when patients may be busy with daily treatment activities or with their doctors.
- After 8 pm, we request a quiet environment. Visitors should enter through the emergency department entrance, as outside doors will be locked.
- Do not visit if you have a cold or other contagious conditions.
- Many people are allergic to the material in ordinary latex balloons. Mylar balloons are a safer alternative.
- For the health and safety of your children, please check with the nurse in charge of the unit before bringing children under 12 years old to the patient care areas of the hospital.